Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Haven't Read the Hunger Games Trilogy. Does that make me a loser?



Okay, everyone seems to be talking about the release of the last installment of the Hunger Games trilogy, Mockingjay, yet I haven't even started on this one. The reason--I'm still thinking as which to buy, the whole paperback edition or the hardbound ones. Being the obsessive-compulsive (OC) person that I am when it comes to books, I want a book series in my collection to be of the same sizes so that when I buy the paperback edition for a first book, the entire series should be in paperback. The hardbound ones are expensive and I'm not even sure if I will like the series so I'm not really certain if the purchase will be worth it. But if I decide to buy the paperback ones, I would have to wait for a long time since the paperback for the first book has just been released weeks ago. If ever I liked the first one so much as most of you did, then the wait would be excruciating! So now I'm really confused about it.

So I ask you, is it a MUST to read this trilogy that I wouldn't be wasting money if I buy it in hardbound? Also, I would like to know if any of you have the same OC-ness when it comes to book collection. I would like to hear from you! 

-The Book Eater

6 comments:

  1. Lol. Don't worry about the OC-ness, I'm the same when it comes to series. I get finicky when I don't get them in the same size or even the same cover edition.

    As for The Hunger Games, I personally think that it's a very, very good read and worth shelling out the cash for. I know there are others out there who are expressing that they didn't enjoy Mockingjay, but if they're saying that because they had expectations and wanted the book written their way, that's not exactly being fair to the author or the series itself.

    I say go for it. If you're a bit leery though, I have ebooks of all three books? If you like, I can email them to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Noelle - Thanks for commenting!

    I've been thinking about ebooks too but since I'm not really a fan of those, I thought I'll put that as last resort. But maybe I could read a few chapters from The Hunger Games' ebook so as to help me from deciding whether or not to purchase the hardbound edition. (So if you will be kind enough, can you email me just the first ebook of the series? THANKS! :D ) Here is my email, death_eater_ivan@yahoo.com.ph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to confess to the same OC issues, though sometimes waiting just takes too long and I break the rule. Now they're releasing books in hardback, then large paperback, then mass market as three separate events, waiting takes too long far too often.

    I got lucky and "won" Catching Fire in hardback. I was so hooked I went out and bought Hunger Games, and I now have the whole trilogy. I really enjoyed reading them, and even though it's ages since I read the other two, I still caught up pretty fast. Fascinating story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can always join Doubleday book club and get at least the first two as part of your 99 cent joining fee... that's what I did. I just finished (struggled through) the 3rd book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sheila - Thanks for the comment! Your comment makes me feel like it IS indeed a good series. Also it was good for you to "win" Catching Fire. I'm never that lucky. :P

    @Lorielle - I could try that some time. :D Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also haven't read them!
    But i have the first one in the mail :D

    ReplyDelete